Project Engineer (Dredging)
DexNova Consulting Limited
- To Undertake technical and feasibility studies including site investigations.
- Oversee Construction work.
- Ensure accurate setting out and leveling of the works in accordance with the drawings/specifications
- Ensuring the plans, drawings and quantities are accurate for calculations.
- Review Engineer/Services/Sub-contractor drawings and quantities are accurate for calculations.
- Ensure quality control of work and materials is carried out in accordance with the specification requirements.
- Ensure project scope meet agreed specifications, run smoothly within the budget and time frame.
- Liaising with clients, subcontractors, and other professional staff, especially hydrographical, quantity surveyors, and the overall project manager.
- Providing technical advice and solving problems on-site
- Preparing site reports and filling in other paperwork
- Liaising with quantity surveyors about the ordering and the pricing of materials
- Scheduling material and equipment purchases and deliveries
- Ensuring that health, safety, and environmental sustainability policies are adhered to.
- Mechanical and Civil Engineering degree or related field is mandatory.
- Minimum of 5 years’ cognate experience in the Construction industry.
- Be able to work with minimal supervision with subcontractors and construction artisans.
- Must be familiar with the difference dredging methodologies e.g reclamation, sweeping or profiling, cutter suction dredging operations, and so on.
- Ability to proffer technical solutions and advise as well as the ability to interpret drawings.
- Ability to use AUTOCAD and proficient in the use of MS Office Suite and other basic ICT tools.
- Certification as a Project management Professional, COREN, and other professional body is an added advantage.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title and location as subject of the mail.
About DexNova Consulting Limited
DexNova Consulting Limited is a Professional Services firm operating in the knowledge industry and dedicated to building excellent delivery capability in organizations across Africa through Professional Training and Certifications.