Estimated Salary Guide
- Not provided by employer
- $26.1K – $33.1K a year is the estimated salary for this role in Canton, KS.
Report inaccurate salary
Full Job Description
Teller Supervisor/Regional Teller Manager/Market President
Required Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent required. Some college experience preferred but not required.
- Previous customer service and cash handling experience required.
- Spanish bilingual capabilities are a plus.
**This role would be for work during the following prescribed hours (9:00 AM – 3:00 PM, with a lunch break) . A college student or a person with a similar schedule would be an ideal fit for this role.
The Teller 1 receives and pays out money, as well as accurately keeps records of money and negotiable instruments involved in a financial institution’s various transactions. The Teller 1 is responsible for providing effective customer service for all customers by using excellent service skills and is expected to communicate effectively with team members within the bank.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Provides exceptional customer service as the bank’s primary contact with the public. Gives undivided attention to each customer, smiles, and greets them in a friendly manner.
- Receive checking and savings deposits: verify cash and endorsements, receive proper identification for cash back and issue receipts of deposit.
- Answer basic customer inquiries regarding interest rates, service charges, and account histories while complying with disclosure requirements, regulations, and consumer privacy policies.
- Required to work the drive-up.
- Expected to “float”.
- Must be able to work in a Saturday staff rotation.
- Follow all bank policies and procedures. Compliance with Bank Secrecy Act, OFAC, and USA PATRIOT Act, including accurate completion of CTR, Monetary Instrument log, and reporting of suspicious activities to Supervisor.
- Must be able to pay attention to details while performing multiple tasks simultaneously for periods of 2 hours or longer.
- Must show up to work regularly without excessive absences.
- Must have fluency in English for effective job performance. Must be able to speak clearly, distinctly and be understood by co-workers and customers. Bi-lingual is a plus but not necessary.
- Must be able to demonstrate strong computer skills, including MS applications, loan software, etc.
- Must be able to communicate to co-workers and customers concisely to answer questions, explain nuances of transactions, clarify new procedures, and ask questions for clarification.
- Handwriting must be legible and in standard bank-specified format for clear reading by scanners and software.
- Numbers must be recorded on forms in correct and accurate order and entered into computer systems in correct and accurate order.
- Writing skills must include the ability to spell correctly and use proper grammar and punctuation. This includes both e-mail and formal letters.
- Must be able to learn procedures within a bank-specified timeline and follow them accurately and consistently according to bank standards.
- Must be able to learn new duties and procedures and implement them into work habits within bank-specified timelines.
- Must be able to see in order to view a computer screen, count money, know when a customer needs assistance, and follow security procedures.
- Must be able to hear and understand customer requests.
- Must be able to read accurately and retain information that was read and apply it.
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills when interacting with internal and external customers.
- Must be able to lift and carry 20 pounds.
- Must be able to stand or sit for long periods (4 hours or more). Requires ability to sit at higher than standard chair height or the ability to stand for periods of 4 hours or more, as well as the ability to safely and efficiently move to different stations in the teller area, most/all of which are higher than desk height.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to sit, stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
- Other duties as assigned.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Customer/Client Focus.
- Decision Making.
- Technical Capacity.
- Stress Management/Composure.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Flexibility with schedule, co-workers, manager, etc.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a clerical office setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, and fax machines.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This can be a full-time or part-time position as posted in job opening advertisement.
Remote Work Availability
Ineligible for full or part-time remote work or work from home due to business and customer facing needs.
Limited travel from bank location to another bank location required from time to time.