Estimated Salary Guide
- Not provided by employer
- $60.6K – $76.7K a year is the estimated salary for this role in Houston, TX.
Report inaccurate salary
Full Job Description
The Laboratory Professional provides accurate and customized services to clients by 1) performing geotechnical work around the process of acquiring, analyzing, engineering, and interpreting complete and high-quality geotechnical data, 2) providing geotechnical advice in one or a small number of specialized technical disciplines, 3) developing solutions for clients by putting acquired geotechnical data into context and, 4) following established guidelines and procedures.
- Process and review advanced laboratory test results for accuracy and summarize these in report form for engineer’s analysis.
- Train laboratory technicians and data processors in correct testing and data reduction procedures.
- Perform as advanced laboratory technician as needed.
- Assist in the development of new procedures and spreadsheets for non-standard tests or special projects as assigned.
- Support and encourage continuous improvement of the company’s processes, including safety program and quality management system.
- Complete administrative reports to meet deadlines, assists engineers as requested.
- Meet utilization goals as determined by supervisor.
- Communicate tactfully and effectively, verbally and in writing.
- Maintain effective work relations with those encountered in the course of employment.
- Execute work duties in an organized and efficient manner.
- Knowledge of geotechnical soil testing procedures
- Experience with geotechnical laboratory testing
- Well-developed communication skills
- Legally authorized to work in the United States without restrictions.
- Bachelor of Science Degree required in geotechnical engineering, earth sciences, or related field
- Have 2 years or more of working with advanced geotechnical testing data
- Extensive experience with office software and data presentation
- Experienced with laboratory data logging software and files
- Experienced with complex spreadsheets, using macros to import and analyze electronic data files
How to apply?
If you are interested in this role we look forward to discussing this opportunity with you. Please click on our ‘apply’ button and upload your resume and cover letter.
Disclaimer for recruitment agencies:
Fugro does not accept any unsolicited applications from recruitment agencies. Acquisition to Fugro Recruitment or any Fugro employee is not appreciated.
Fugro USA posting Disclaimer
Fugro is an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors.
Individuals with disabilities needing assistance in the recruitment process are encouraged to contact Human Resources directly at 713-369-5600, option 5 or
EEO is the law poster
EEO is the law supplement poster