The Coca-Cola Company (NYSE: KO) is the world’s largest beverage company, refreshing consumers with more than 500 sparkling and still brands.
At The Coca-Cola Company you can cultivate your career in a challenging and dynamic environment. We are the largest manufacturer and distributor of nonalcoholic drinks in the world-selling more than 1 billion drinks a day. Unlock your full potential with a future-focused company that is known and respected throughout the world.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Procurement Director, Aseptic Fiber Packaging
Job Requisition ID: R-68609
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Job type: Full time
Travel Required: 26% – 50%
Job Description Summary
- This position is a virtual role and be located anywhere
- This position works for the CEPG (Cross Enterprise Procurement Group) Managing Director, Production Equipment/Aseptic Fiber Packaging (AFP) The CEPG consists of Operating Committee Bottlers including BI, CBPC, CCBSS, CCEP, CC Femsa, Hellenic, CBPC, AFBCC, CCBJI, CC Icecek along with 24 other General Bottles.
- The position is the support role to the AFP Managing Director for developing and executing the Aseptic Fiber Packaging (AFP) Procurement Program for the above referenced Bottlers which support our selected markets.
- The position supports and administers the global AFP program key activities, which include the Cost Forecast, Value Chain Analysis, Supply and Demand, Extended Team Meeting coordination, Strategic Sourcing Seven Steps Process (DD1-DD4), Knowledge Communication, along with a variety of reporting responsibilities including Pipeline of Value (POV).
- The position provides leadership for activities in the global program and interfaces with other Core Teams of TCCC Associates and the Extended Team of Bottler Representatives who jointly handle the AFP Procurement across all Geographic Groups.
- The position is supported by the CEPG Global “Extended Teams” which primarily consist of the Procurement Managers from the CEPG Operating Committee Members.
- This CEPG Extended Team is responsible for implementing the strategy of the AFP program for all the Geographic Groups including North America, Latin America, Europe, Asia, and Africa. AFP annual spend is approximately $405MM for the System. The Procurement Strategies to manage price and supply risk are critical to the support the Bottler ABP’s.
- Further program growth would come from the inclusion of other fiber based primary and secondary packages that can be leveraged globally – i.e. Gable top cartons, multipacks and corrugated packaging. Estimated annual spend of the additional fiber categories is $300MM/year.
Key Duties / Responsibilities
- Help develop and deliver a sustainable AFP strategy and execute the approved AFP strategy throughout TCCC and CEPG.
- Provide product and service expertise to geographic associates to build bottler relationships, improve collaboration and increase Network participation.
- Build sustainable global and regional supplier relationships that generate value for both the Coca-Cola system and the supplier over time.
- Co-develop and implement plans, tactics and strategies for each geographic region and pack format or specification to achieve competitive cost spread.
- Develop negotiation strategies that deliver against KO business objectives and achieves sustainable relationships with suppliers.
- Coordinate and often lead the negotiation of global master agreements that result in preferential pricing, terms and conditions (e.g., first access to innovation, most favored nations pricing) for the KO system.
- Assess current and future business environment to determine if changes in objectives are required.
- Provide raw material cost forecasts to company-owned operations and relevant third parties (e.g., bottlers) to assist them in the development of their business plans.
- Provide and support key input in the creation of a three (3) year commodity/ingredient or packaging cost forecast to ensure critical input into the business planning process.
- Develop and maintain relationships with global account management of strategically important global and regional suppliers in order to support and enhance the supply strategies of the KO system.
- Build alignment with internal stakeholder groups of the sourcing strategy and procurement process for products/services in order to identify business needs and to ensure compliance with operational standards.
- Analyze industry trends and evolving technology to proactively identify supply base issues to minimize risk, protect continuity of supply, and exploit emerging opportunities that benefit the Coca-Cola system.
- Provide product and service expertise to the Coca-Cola system that builds bottler relationships, improves collaboration and increases Network participation in order to leverage system spend and decrease total costs.
- Influence suppliers’ manufacturing processes, technology decisions and policies in ways that are mutually beneficial and sustainable for both organizations by leveraging the volume of the Coca-Cola system.
- Evaluate supplier core competencies and competitive positioning using industry cost models.
- Influence external client to act upon recommendation by using appropriate persuasion or selling techniques (e.g., Positive Power and Influence, Connecting with Customer).
- Support work of Sustainability “World Without Waste” initiative for AFP Category and align initiatives with Bottlers, Suppliers and Internal Stakeholder as well as build reporting for KPIs.
- Coordinate and reporting for AFP Program as requested by Suppliers Service and CEPG in alignment with PMO and keep Pipeline of Value (PoV) up to date.
- Work with Procurement Analyst to maintain AFP category databases and provide support for projects and negotiations.
- Protect all Company information against unauthorized disclosure, eavesdropping and legal exposure.
- Protect information provided in confidence from outside sources (bottlers and other business partners) and ensure this information is not disseminated to those not directly involved.
- Identify, classify, maintain, and protect files, documentation and sensitive information consistent with record handling and retention requirements.
The following is a listing of minimum indicated requirements for this job:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
- Related Work Experience 10 or more years
- Product/Service Knowledge: Knowledge of products/services (e.g., sweetener, packaging, indirect goods) specific to a given industry, the product/service attributes, competitive positioning and unbundled cost components. Includes the ability to use financial models, industry knowledge and the client’s requirements to formulate the best procurement decision.
- Competitive Analysis: Knowledge of sources for competitive analysis including supplier and industry data to build competitive intelligence, inform business planning and optimize decision-making. Includes the ability to create and analyze industry cost models in order to assess suppliers’ competitive capabilities.
- Strategic Sourcing Strategy: Knowledge of strategic sourcing strategies by commodity, product, service to ensure that formal supplier agreements activate the elements of the sourcing strategy and support delineated performance standards. Includes the ability to create selection criteria to qualify suppliers for the bid process.
- Network/Resources: Ability to develop diverse network/resources to leverage “best in class” knowledge, approaches and processes.
- Packaging Industry: Knowledge of packaging industry (e.g., materials, sizes, recycling issues) required to develop packaging innovations.
- Vendor Management: The ability to evaluate and ensure that vendor performance meets or exceeds defined performance standards and adheres to overall company policies and procedures.
- Bottler/Business Unit Plans & Strategies: Knowledge of information used and ability to evaluate bottler/business unit’s business plans and strategies to develop procurement strategies that enable delivery of those goals and objectives.
- Best Practices: Knowledge of procurement, industry and business best practices to guide thought leadership and ensure effective procurement strategies. Includes the ability to recognize value creation opportunities within the supply chain.
- Global/Cultural Knowledge: Knowledge of cultural differences in different regions or countries that might impact or limit the effectiveness of a promotion, property or program.
- Market Innovation: Ability to identify and develop innovative ideas (e.g., product, packaging, merchandise, activations) in order to create a proprietary advantage for The Company.
- System Procurement Knowledge: Knowledge of TCCS global and regional procurement organizations, strategies and priorities to ensure alignment of procurement activity.
Application Closing Date
30th May, 2022
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
|Job Category||Coca-Cola Company|