Estimated Salary Guide
- Not provided by employer
- $33.4K – $42.3K a year is the estimated salary for this role in Westerly, RI.
Report inaccurate salary
Full Job Description
- JobID: 785
- Length of Work Year: This position is limited to the number of student in-school days each year plus three professional development days.
- Maintains and adheres to strict confidentiality requirements regarding students, parents, and other staff.
- Works with individual students or small groups of students to reinforce learning of material or skills initially introduced by the teacher.
- Assists the teacher in planning and implementation of curriculum, instruction, and assessment.
- Instructs small groups of students in specific subject areas with teacher direction.
- Follow the teacher or other appropriate professional’s directions.
- Monitors and supervises students and/or continues lessons during short-term teacher absences.
- learn assigned duties readily, and adhere to prescribed classroom procedures.
- Prepares and gathers materials and supplies.
- Exhibits self-control and good judgment.
- Under direction of the building principal, supervises students during lunch periods and/or during student arrival and dismissal.
- Receives additional training, if deemed necessary, for the position.
- Maintains order by reinforcing school rules in all settings, including recess, lunch, and bus.
- Participates in Professional Development and completes all training required by the school district.
- Implements instructional activities with students as directed by the teacher in school and community sites.
- Provides support to meet the individual student’s needs.
- Assumes responsibility for being prepared to deliver and perform salon instructional duties as prescribed.
- Acquires knowledge of the curriculum content of the classes in which he/she assists.
- Assists the teacher with the maintenance of the classroom and kitchen.
- Assists in the supervision of students within the classroom and classroom kitchen.
- Performs any other duties as assigned.
- Education or experience working with students in a Culinary Program preferred.
- Three to six months of experience in a school environment providing support to students.
- Effective communication skills.
- Proficiency in essential computer applications.
- Bachelor’s degree or Associate’s degree in related field preferred
- Certification & Licensing:
- Must meet the current RI Department of Education requirements and or certifications.
- Current RI Culinary License/Instructors License preferred
- Authorized to work in the USA
- Current national background check without disqualifying results at time of hire.
|Job Category||Westerly Public Schools|