$15 an hour
Shift and Schedule
Monday to Friday
Full Job Description
We could use someone like you!
Can you imagine going to work knowing that what you do each day positively affects the lives of the people in your community?
If you are a person who wants more than just a job, who wants your efforts to have an impact on your community, and who wants to work in a welcoming and positive environment, then you are someone we’d like to work with us. Join us!
Full-time & part-time seasonal positions available
Flexible schedule Monday – Friday 6:15 – 6:30
Starting at $15.00 hourly
McAurther YMCA 1915 Citrona Dr. Fernandina Beach Fl. 32043
Callahan Community Center 45237 Mickler St. Callahan Fl. 32011
Wildlight YMCA 251 Breezeway Street Yulee Fl. 32097
Provides direct supervision of a group of children in a seasonal Day Camp. Provides a quality experience to children and parents focused on YMCA core values: honesty, respect, responsibility, and caring. Implements developmentally appropriate activities, to foster individual growth and development of children.
- Supervises a group of children and actively participates with all children in providing a program that meets the emotional, physical, and intellectual needs of both the individual child and the group.
- Models appropriate interactions with the children individually and in groups and encourage their involvement in activities.
- Plans and implements program activities that are culturally relevant, developmentally appropriate, and consistent with YMCA values.
- Models appropriate positive guidance techniques that include: redirection, positive reinforcement of children’s efforts, and anticipation of elimination of potential problems.
- Adheres to program standards, including safety and cleanliness standards.
- Attends staff meetings and training.
- Follows YMCA policies and procedures, including those related to medical and disciplinary situations, child abuse prevention, and emergencies.
- Maintains positive relations with parents and other staff. Models relationship-building skills (including Listen First) in all interactions.
YMCA COMPETENCIES (Leader):
Inclusion: Creates a safe environment that allows all children and youth to feel welcomed and respected.
Relationships: Interacts with children and youth in a positive, warm and nurturing manner.
Communication: Uses effective listening and verbal skills, including the use of positive body language and tone of voice. Promotes and supports the potential of all youth.
Developing Others: encourages children and youth to try new skills and provides support and guidance through the learning process. Acknowledges children and youth through specific observations and appreciation of their efforts and accomplishments.
Quality Results: Selects and uses appropriate equipment, materials, and resources to achieve program goals.
Project Management: Executes lesson plans based on Y-USA School Age Framework.
Functional Expertise: Uses best practices, guidelines, and methods of youth development in daily work. Recognizes the social, emotional and cognitive, and physical stages and milestones every child and youth experiences during their journey from birth to careers.
- Previous experience working with children and the ability to provide a reference for this experience is REQUIRED.
- Previous experience working with children in a day camp setting or child care setting is PREFERRED.
- Experience preferred in one or more of the following areas: outdoor living, archery, boating, camping, songs/music, skits, sports, aquatics, recreational games, etc.
- At least 16 years of age
- CPR, First Aid, AED certifications prior to the first day of the program.
- 40 Hours of Child Care Certification preferred.
- Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community.
- Swim skills preferred.
Ability to plan, lead and participate in a range of activities in a variety of outdoor/indoor settings.
|Job Category||YMCA of Florida's First Coast|