$31,200 a year
Shift and Schedule
Evenings as needed
Full Job Description
Org Marketing Statement
The University of Texas at San Antonio is a Hispanic Serving University specializing in cyber, health, fundamental futures, and social-economic development. With more than 34,000 students, it is the largest university in the San Antonio metropolitan region.
UTSA advances knowledge through research and discovery, teaching and learning, community engagement, and public service. The university embraces multicultural traditions and serves as a center for intellectual and creative resources as well as a catalyst for socioeconomic development and the commercialization of intellectual property—for Texas, the nation, and the world. Learn more online, on UTSA Today, or on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, or LinkedIn.
UTSA, situated in a global city that has been at a crossroads of peoples and cultures for centuries, values diversity and inclusion in all aspects of university life. As an institution expressly founded to advance the education of Mexican Americans and other underserved communities, our university is committed to ending generations of discrimination and inequity. UTSA, a premier public research university, fosters academic excellence through a community of dialogue, discovery, and innovation that embraces the uniqueness of each voice.
Posting End Date
Applications will be accepted through 11:59 PM CDT on 01/17/2023. At the discretion of the hiring department, this position posting may close once a sufficient number of qualified applications have been received.
Salary: $31,200 annualized, plus benefits and commission.
Hours per Week
Non-Exempt Position: 40 hours per week.
Required Application Materials
Resume is required.
Cover Letter is preferred.
Function: To maximize ticket sales, revenue generation, customer acquisition, and customer relationships for all ticketed sports and home events.
Scope: Responsible for selling tickets for Football, Volleyball, Men’s and Women’s Basketball, Baseball, and Softball, partial plans and group packages via phone calls, face-to-face interactions, and in-stadium as well as selling special events.
- Sell season tickets, corporate packages, mini-plans, single game, groups, and promotional offers for all sporting events.
- Call current, and past customers and cold-call new sales leads to generate sales.
- Contact area businesses and individuals via phone, in-person appointments, and networking events to sell season, corporate, partial, and group ticket plans.
- Work home games, performing various ticket sales and service duties throughout the game.
- Cultivate relationships to encourage repeat business through providing excellent customer service.
- Achieve and exceed sales goals established by management.
- Proactively create opportunities for new business with existing and new customers.
- Provide superior customer service to clients throughout the season.
- Accurately enter data into databases and systems. Regularly communicate and report individual sales progress.
- Work collaboratively with marketing and ticket operations to provide input on sales and messaging calendars. Writes and proofreads copy.
- May assist Athletics Development team by reaching out to contacts, offering opportunities for donor donations/fundraising.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Work, as needed, outside of business hours, including evenings, holidays, or weekends.
- High school diploma or GED.
- One year of experience in ticket sales and/or customer service. Will consider internship experience.
- Ability to recognize and capitalize on opportunities to strategize on sales with customers.
- Experience with building customer relationships.
- This position has weekly sales targets that will be measured and evaluated regularly.
- Know and understand policies of the NCAA, Conference USA, and University of Texas at San Antonio.
- Excellent Interpersonal Skills.
- Criminal Background Check (CBC).
- Experience in prospecting for season and group ticket leads.
- Experience in developing and implementing group tickets and fan experiences. Experience working with season ticket and other ticket plans, inventory, and pricing.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in Marketing, Business Administration, or Communications.
- Two years of paid experience in ticket sales and/or customer service.
- Experience working with season ticket and other ticket plans, inventory, and pricing.
- Experience in ticket sales systems related to a professional sports and/or college athletics environment.
This position will be primarily located on the UTSA Main campus. Travel and parking expenses are the employee’s responsibility,
UTSA is a tobacco-free campus.
This is a security-sensitive position. Employment is contingent upon a successful background check.
Applicants selected must be able to show proof of eligibility to work in the United States by the time of hire.
As an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer, it is the policy of The University of Texas at San Antonio to promote and ensure equal employment opportunity for all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information, and veteran status. The University is committed to the Affirmative Action Program in compliance with all government requirements to ensure nondiscrimination. Women, minorities, people with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply. UTSA campuses are accessible to persons with disabilities.