$23 an hour
Shift & Schedule
Employee assistance program
Paid sick time
Full Job Description
Who We Are: Steamboat- Ski Town, U.S.A. ® is known as the friendliest mountain destination in the world, thanks to our western heritage and welcoming staff. We pride ourselves on hiring the best employees and providing the best experience in the industry. Our employee satisfaction scores top the charts, and we have employees who choose to work for the resort for 2, 5, 10, 20 plus years. Fair warning, starting a job at Steamboat could lead to endless fun, lifelong friendships, and a rooted sense of community.
Who We’re Looking For: Friendly folks who want to work at the best ski resort, play in Champagne Powder, and meet friends from around the world. Our culture is supportive, challenging, passionate, and committed, and we believe that diversity makes us stronger. We are looking for unique individuals who exemplify these qualities and care about each other, our mission, our environment, and our communities. If you like to provide incredible guest service with a friendly attitude, you’re ready to join our team. If your dream job includes skiing and riding, interacting with guests, rewarding work, free concerts, fireworks, employee parties, and more-we’d love to hear from you!
Perks & Benefits: Steamboat offers many exciting perks and benefits, including a Steamboat ski pass for you and eligible dependents, competitive compensation, free bus passes to surrounding areas, retail/rental discounts, food & beverage discounts, industry pro deal discounts, friends & family discounted tickets subject to restrictions, reservations and/or blackout dates. Steamboat also offers access to employee housing (based on availability and employment status), a 401(k) plan with a generous company match, Employee Assistance Program, Accrued Sick Pay, and a chance to learn and advance within Steamboat Ski & Resort Corp. Steamboat employees are also eligible for discounted tuition with partner online universities for all Alterra Mountain Company employees to further their education.
Guest Safety Coordinator will oversee administering First Aid to guests and assist with the operation of the gondola. Position requires a EMT or OEC Wilderness First Responder certification.
Detailed job description, including responsibilities, work performed, tools or equipment used, etc.:
- Administer first-aid to night guests
- Assist with the operation of the Gondola and other company vehicles
- Frequent radio communication with coworkers and occasionally EMS personnel
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Assist with building security and assist other departments in set-up and tear-down (tables, chairs, etc.)
- Interact and maintain positive relationships with guests, co-workers, and management consistent with Steamboat Ski & Resort Corporations’ Service Excellence Standards
- Other duties as assigned
Minimum skills, experience, and education required for this job:
- High School diploma or GED
- EMT or OEC wilderness first responder required
- Must have a valid driver’s license and will need to meet company’s insurance standards
- Previous lift experience preferred
- Must interact positively with guests and co-workers
- Must handle stressful situations
- May work unscheduled hours, including days off.
- Adhere to all safety policies
- Interact and maintain positive relationships with guests, co-workers, and management consistent with Steamboat Ski & Resort Corp’s Service Excellence standards
- Must operate a snowmobile or vehicle when necessary
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must stand for long periods of time
- Must work in all weather conditions
- Climb and work above the ground onto the lift equipment
- Lift 30 lbs.
- Must read and write and communicate verbally in the English language
- This is an hourly paid position and is subject to overtime pay
- Position is required to work holidays and weekends as needed
- All Steamboat Ski & Resort Corporation employees are required to follow adapting COVID policies and guidelines.
The base hourly pay range below represents the low and high end of the Steamboat Ski & Resort Corporation hourly pay range for this position. Actual pay will vary and may be above or below the range based on various factors, including but not limited to experience, education, training, location, merit system, quantity or quality of production, responsibilities, and regular and/or necessary travel. The range listed is just one component of Steamboat Ski & Resort Corporation’s total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include short-term and long-term incentives and many region-specific benefits.
Steamboat area base hourly pay rate: $23.00 per hour
Steamboat Ski & Resort Corp is an equal opportunity employer.
|Job Category||Steamboat Ski Resort|