$18.50 – $21.00 an hour
Shift & Schedule
Employee assistance program
Paid sick time
Full Job Description
Who We Are: Steamboat- Ski Town, U.S.A. ® is known as the friendliest mountain destination in the world, thanks to our western heritage and welcoming staff. We pride ourselves on hiring the best employees and providing the best experience in the industry. Our employee satisfaction scores top the charts, and we have employees who choose to work for the resort for 2, 5, 10, 20 plus years. Fair warning, starting a job at Steamboat could lead to endless fun, lifelong friendships, and a rooted sense of community.
Who We’re Looking For: Friendly folks who want to work at the best ski resort, play in Champagne Powder, and meet friends from around the world. Our culture is supportive, challenging, passionate, and committed and we believe that diversity makes us stronger. We are looking for unique individuals who exemplify these qualities and care about each other, our mission, our environment, and our communities. If you like to provide incredible guest service with a friendly attitude, you’re ready to join our team. If your dream job includes skiing and riding, interacting with guests, rewarding work, free concerts, fireworks, employee parties, and more-we’d love to hear from you!
Perks & Benefits: Steamboat offers many exciting perks and benefits, including a Steamboat ski pass for you and eligible dependents, competitive compensation, free bus passes to surrounding areas, retail/rental discounts, food & beverage discounts, industry pro deal discounts, friends & family discounted tickets subject to restrictions, reservations and/or blackout dates. Steamboat also offers access to employee housing (based on availability and employment status), a 401(k) plan with a generous company match, Employee Assistance Program, Accrued Sick Pay and a chance to learn and advance within Steamboat Ski & Resort Corp. Steamboat employees are also eligible for discounted tuition with partner online universities for all Alterra Mountain Company employees to further their education.
Advanced skiers with ski racing or event setup experience are needed in competition services. If events and fast-skiing is your game, please apply today!
Detailed job description, including responsibilities, work performed, tools or equipment used, etc.:
- Set up fence, gates, and timing equipment for group races, SnowSports school races, FIS events, NCAA competitions, World Cup and Olympic qualifying events.
- Set up and help execute legendary Steamboat special events, such as the Cowboy Downhill, Cardboard Classic, and the Pond Skim
- This position is scheduled as needed by event, averaging 23 days of work a season.
- Compliance with all company policies and procedures, as well as any regulatory requirements
- Other duties, as assigned
Minimum skills, experience, and education required for this job:
- This employee would benefit from having 2 years full-time exposure to the Steamboat Ski Area or a consecutive 2 years employment at another ski area
- Winter-related special events or ski racing background helpful
- Construction background, helpful
- Effective communication skills required
- Interact and maintain positive relationships with guests, co-workers, and management consistent with Steamboat Ski & Resort Corporation’s Service Excellence standards
- Adhere to all safety policies
- Must be, at minimum, 18 years of age
- Must be, at minimum, an advanced skier (not snowboarder) and have alpine or tele ski equipment
- Ski while carrying additional objects weighing up to 50 lbs. (fencing, slalom poles, etc.)
- Work in extreme conditions on uneven terrain for long periods of time (9-10 hours per day)
- Shovel snow and work in inclement weather
- Operate a snowmobile and UTV- training will be provided
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- This is an hourly, non-exempt position and is subject to overtime pay
- Position is required to work weekends and holidays
- Must be able to commit until April 9, 2023
- All Steamboat Ski & Resort Corporation employees are required to follow adapting COVID policies and guidelines.
The base hourly pay range below represents the low and high end of the Steamboat Ski & Resort Corporation hourly pay range for this position. Actual pay will vary and may be above or below the range based on various factors, including but not limited to experience, education, training, location, merit system, quantity or quality of production, responsibilities, and regular and/or necessary travel. The range listed is just one component of Steamboat Ski & Resort Corporation’s total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include short-term and long-term incentives and many region-specific benefits.
Steamboat area base hourly pay range: $18.50 – $21.00 per hour
Steamboat Ski & Resort Corporation is an equal-opportunity employer
|Job Category||Steamboat Ski Resort|