$18.50 an hour
Shift & Schedule
Employee assistance program
Paid sick time
Full Job Description
Who We Are: Steamboat- Ski Town, U.S.A. ® is known as the friendliest mountain destination in the world, thanks to our western heritage and welcoming staff. We pride ourselves on hiring the best employees and providing the best experience in the industry. Our employee satisfaction scores top the charts and we have employees who choose to work for the resort for 2, 5, 10, 20 plus years. Fair warning, starting a job at Steamboat could lead to endless fun, lifelong friendships, and a rooted sense of community.
Who We’re Looking For: Friendly folks who want to work at the best ski resort, play in Champagne Powder and meet friends from around the world. Our culture is supportive, challenging, passionate and committed and we believe that diversity makes us stronger. We are looking for unique individuals who exemplify these qualities and care about each other, our mission, our environment and our communities. If you like to provide incredible guest service with a friendly attitude, you’re ready to join our team. If your dream job includes skiing and riding, interacting with guests, rewarding work, free concerts, fireworks, employee parties and more-we’d love to hear from you!
Perks & Benefits: Steamboat offers many exciting perks and benefits including a Steamboat ski pass for you and eligible dependents, competitive compensation, free bus passes to surrounding areas, retail/rental discounts, food & beverage discounts, industry pro deal discounts, friends & family discounted tickets subject to restrictions, reservations and/or blackout dates. Steamboat also offers access to employee housing (based on availability and employment status), a 401(k) plan with a generous company match, Employee Assistance Program, Accrued Sick Pay and a chance to learn and advance within Steamboat Ski & Resort Corp. Steamboat employees are also eligible for discounted tuition with partner online universities for all Alterra Mountain Company employees to further their education.
Do you love kids? Happy Camp is the place for you! Assist with teaching and operations for our kid’s ski school operation. Help shape the next generations of skiers andsnowboarders!
Detailed job description, including responsibilities, work performed, tools or equipment used, etc:
- To assist instructors in caring for children and assisting in skiing/riding with safety and welfare of students being of primary importance
- Set up & break down KVC carpet areas daily
- Set up lunch area, serve, clean up, and basic cleaning of facility
- Safe keeping and return of proper equipment with children at end of lesson
- Safe receipt and drop off of children at the end of lesson, whether with parent/guardian or daycare facility
- Care and safekeeping of company-owned uniform
- Attendance at designated meeting times on days scheduled to work
- Performance of various activities as required by Kids Vacation Centre and/or Ski Company Management
- Provide guest with general company information
- Compliance with all company policies and procedures as well as any regulatory requirements
- Other duties as may be assigned
Minimum skills, experience, and education required for this job:
- Must enjoy working with children
- Previous experience working with children, preferred
- Previous ski/snowboard experience, preferred
- Maintain positive/patient attitude with parents, children, co-workers under stressful conditions
- Willingness to work in a high volume and often stressful environment
- Adhere to all safety policies
- Interact and maintain positive relationships with guests, co-workers and management consistent with Steamboat Ski & Resort Corporation’s Service Excellence standards
- Must be minimum of 18 years of age
- Work outside in inclement and extreme weather conditions
- Frequently lift and carry small children and move/lift carpets and equipment on ski hill (approx. 50 lbs.)
- Communicate easily with young children, both speak and understand English
- Employment for this job is contingent upon the successful completion of a background check
- This is an hourly non-exempt position and is subject to overtime pay
- All Steamboat Ski & Resort Corporation employees are required to follow adapting COVID policies and guidelines.
The base hourly pay range below represents the low and high end of the Steamboat Ski & Resort Corporation hourly pay range for this position. Actual pay will vary and may be above or below the range based on various factors including but not limited to experience, education, training, location, merit system, quantity or quality of production, responsibilities, and regular and/or necessary travel. The range listed is just one component of Steamboat Ski & Resort Corporation’s total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include short-term and long-term incentives and many region-specific benefits.
Steamboat area base hourly pay rate: $18.50 per hour
Steamboat Ski & Resort Corporation is an equal opportunity employer
|Job Category||Steamboat Ski Resort|