African Development Bank Group (AfDB) – Established in 1964, the African Development Bank is the premier pan-African development institution, promoting economic growth and social progress across the continent. There are 80 member states, including 54 in Africa (Regional Member Countries). The Bank’s development agenda is delivering the financial and technical support for transformative projects that will significantly reduce poverty through inclusive and sustainable economic growth.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Planning and Administration Officer
Position Number: 50000525
Location: Abidjan, Côte d’Ivoire
Position Grade: PL6
- The Vice-Presidency, Corporate Services and Human Resources Complex (CHVP), ensures the delivery of efficient, people-centered, client-oriented, corporate services to ensure overall institutional effectiveness in all aspects of the Bank’s corporate services.
- The Complex leads efforts to ensure the competitiveness of the Bank as the employer of choice and is responsible for providing leadership in the formulation and implementation of Bank’s strategies on people, IT, general services and institutional procurements, language services, business continuity, and health and safety strategies.
The Hiring Department
- The Corporate Information Technology Services Department’s (CHIS) mission at the Bank is to align the IT delivery strategy along with the Bank’s business strategy to increase the organizational effectiveness through efficient use of the Information Systems (IS).
- Under the leadership of the African Development Bank’s (AfDB) Information Systems Director, the Information Technology Systems Department is mandated by the Bank to deliver best possible IT services for Bank Staff and help achieve the results that gets the Bank closer to accomplishing its poverty reduction goals in Africa.
- Under the guidance of the Lead IT Governance, Program Management Office, Enterprise Architecture and Planning & Administration, the Planning & Administration Officer coordinates the procurement of IT Goods and services including consultants and recruitment of staff.
- He also provides support relating to procurements and contracts management, IT budget planning and execution, and payment processing functions in the IT Department in line the Bank’s financial and procurement rules, regulations, and procedures.
Under the supervision and guidance of the Lead IT Governance, Program Management, Enterprise Architecture, and Planning & Administration, the key duties and responsibilities of the Planning & Administration Officer are:
IT Procurement Management:
- Participate in the preparation the overall annual Procurement plans for the CHIS department.
- Identify the department requirements in terms of consultant engagements, budgets to implement the different contracts.
- Initiate the recruitment of firms and individual consultants, in compliance with AfDB procurement policies and regulations.
- Assist Project Managers and Team leaders in Terms of Reference (TORs) drafting, when required.
- Prepare Expression of Interests (EOI) and ensure timely publication.
- Prepare and launch Request for Proposals (RFPs) relating to individual consultants and consulting firms’ recruitment.
- Follow-up on ongoing procurement processes and facilitate timely analysis and responses to requests for clarifications.
- Coordinate the Bids Evaluation.
- Provide guidance and assist in the preparation of evaluation reports in conformity to the Bank’s rules.
- Ensure internal approval of procurement evaluation reports and recommendations prior to submission to the approval authority as per the Bank’s Delegation of Authority Matrix.
- Provide support in preparation of contracts and liaise with legal experts for any guidance and required clarifications.
- Liaise with other units such as the procurement department for the registration of consultants/firms and resolving any related issues and conflicts.
- Follow-up and manage all contracts signed with individual consultants and consulting firms.
- Process and follow-up on consultants’/firms’ payments against contract deliverables.
- Coordinate contract performance evaluation for individual consultants and firms.
- Process renewal of contracts.
- Prepare reports on consultants’ Procurement, and answer questions concerning procurement, contracting, etc…
Budget and Finance:
- Participate in the preparation of the annual budget including CAPEX and OPEX.
- Provide assistance and information to CHIS management on budget management.
- Process and follow up payment and budget transactions in SAP.
- Support the maintenance and dissemination of team knowledge developed by the Planning and Administration Team.
- Maintain good relationship with CHIS internal and external stakeholders.
- Monitor and review expenses and bring issues to the attention of management.
- Prepare Budget commitment for CHIS.
- Assist in monitoring budget allocation.
- Provide wide range of assistance to the Department Team in the implementation its work program.
- Support and work collaboratively with team members and others in diverse work groups across the Department/Division.
- Maintain familiarity with contents of operational documents and reports, keeping abreast of Bank’s policies and procedures (e.g. Procurement manual, Recruitment manual, and DAM) and work processes.
- Assist with the provision of logistical support for meetings and other activities to coordinate activities related to work across the Department and relevant sectors of the Bank.
- Support the maintenance and dissemination of team knowledge developed by the Planning and Administration Team and taking notes at meetings, and prepare minutes as requested.
- Advise on the allocation of support staff to meet priorities, workload and timeliness; participates in recruitment of temporary local staff by reviewing candidatures; pre-selecting candidates, and participating in interview panel, providing reports for decision making, drafting terms of reference and follow-up of their recruitment.
- Produce documents, briefing papers, reports, spreadsheets, and presentations and assist where applicable.
- Provide support in the preparation of the CHIS department work plan.
- Work closely with the Program Management Officer in the coordination of the Information Systems Steering Committee activities (ISSC). This includes the assistance in the preparation of meetings package, minutes drafting for record, etc.
- Perform other duties assigned by CHIS management.
Competencies (Skills, Experience and Knowledge)
- At least a Master’s Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related discipline.
- Must possess extensive knowledge and practical experience of the Bank’s financial, procurement management rules and procedures.
- At least four (4) years’ of relevant experience.
- Budgeting and planning skills.
- Good knowledge of Bank’s vendor and procurement management rules and regulations.
- Knowledge of SAP system with particular emphasis Procurement and Finance modules.
- Any SAP training certificate will be an added advantage.
- Honesty and sensitivity to client’s needs.
- Ability to communicate comfortably with people.
- Possess problem solving skills.
- Client Orientation.
- Ability to work under pressure with minimum supervision, prioritize work, meet strict deadlines and collaborate team members.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively (written and oral) in English or French, preferably with a working knowledge of the other.
- Mastery of the Bank’s standard software: Excel, Word, Power Point, etc.
Application Closing Date
24th April, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online