African Development Bank Group (AfDB) – Established in 1964, the African Development Bank is the premier pan-African development institution, promoting economic growth and social progress across the continent. There are 80 member states, including 54 in Africa (Regional Member Countries). The Bank’s development agenda is delivering the financial and technical support for transformative projects that will significantly reduce poverty through inclusive and sustainable economic growth.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior SAP Solutions Development Officer (Operations)
Position Number: 50000593
Location: Pretoria, South Africa
Position Grade: PL5
- The Vice-Presidency, Corporate Services and Human Resources Complex (CHVP), ensures the delivery of efficient, people-centered, client-oriented, corporate services to ensure overall institutional effectiveness in all aspects of the Bank’s corporate services.
- The Complex leads efforts to ensure the competitiveness of the Bank as the employer of choice and is responsible for providing leadership in the formulation and implementation of Bank’s strategies on people, IT, general services and institutional procurements, language services, business continuity, and health and safety strategies.
The Hiring Department
- The Corporate Information Technology Services Department’s (CHIS) mission at the Bank is to align the IT delivery strategy along with the Bank’s business strategy to increase the organizational effectiveness through efficient use of the Information Systems (IS).
- Under the leadership of the African Development Bank’s (AfDB) Information Systems Director, the Information Technology Systems Department is mandated by the Bank to deliver best possible IT services for Bank Staff and help achieve the results that gets the Bank closer to accomplishing its poverty reduction goals in Africa.
- Under the guidance of the Manager of the Business Solution Development & Program Management Division, the Specialist performs systems configuration, development, and maintenance work in all phases of applications life cycle for the ERP system from business process analysis, process design through testing, implementation, and support primarily in SAP PPM and PS modules.
- The Specialist performs functional requirement analysis, functional configurations in SAP PPM & PS modules, develops technical specifications, performs application development and unit testing. This includes custom solutions identified along with associated forms, reports, and data views. In addition, this role enables user acceptance testing, develops technical and use documentation, and provides second level technical support in coordination with internal and external partners.
Under the supervision and guidance of the Division Manager, CHIS.1, the key duties and responsibilities of the Senior SAP Solutions Development Officer are to:
- Perform functional requirement analysis, Functional Configurations on SAP PPM & PS Modules, ABAP(RICEFWS), FIORI UI5, O-Data Services, Webservices, REST & SOAP development and maintenance in S4 HANA ERP system and related interfaces primarily in the areas of SAP PPM & PS Modules.
- Produce technical specifications and documentation that includes impact analysis, test cases, object dependencies, performance testing and risk analysis. Creates solutions for business and technical problems identified, in accordance with industry standards and African Development Bank resources, rules and regulations.
- Perform system maintenance and production support to SAP PPM & PS modules, also, performs configurations related to Portfolio Buckets, Portfolio items and initiatives, Financial and Capacity Planning, Resource Planning and Project Costing.
- Perform Maintenance and custom developments on PPM & PS modules covering topics such as Customer projects, Project structuring, Cost planning, Resource planning, procurement process and result analysis, also SAP PPM Integrations with SAP PS, MM and FI modules.
- Perform and Coordinate development activities in S4H Cloud such as SAP BTP, Cloud integrations, RPA (Robotic Process Automation), Side-by-side extensibility.
- Act as a back-up resource person for other functional areas in the team as and when required.
- Provide support for application development in business areas outside of PPM & PS modules as required based on priorities.
- Perform any other relevant duties requested by the supervisor.
Competencies (Skills, Experience and Knowledge)
- At least Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Software Development or related business fields.
- At least five (5) years’ experience in SAP ABAP development with at least three (3) years’ experience in SAP S/4 HANA.
- Experience of working in a large and complex organization.
- Excellent knowledge of SAP configuration and development methods and disciplines.
- Full end to end understanding of SAP implementations, development, quality, and production environments in SAP related competencies such as SAP ABAP (RICEF), Workflow, SAP NetWeaver, Gateway, Fiori/UI5 in ECC 6.0 and S/4 HANA.
- Understanding of relational databases, data storage, and SQL concepts. Understanding of data structures and data objects.
- Advanced knowledge of SAP PPM & PS Modules.
- Good understanding and functional experience of other SAP modules will be added advantage.
- Knowledge in other non-SAP applications and different technologies will be an added advantage.
- ABAP Certification a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively (written and oral) in English or French, preferably with a working knowledge of the other.
- Knowledge of the Bank’s standard software: Excel, Word, Power Point, MS Project, Access, etc.
Application Closing Date
24th April, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online