Mercy Corps is a leading global organization that works in 40 countries around the world to alleviate suffering, poverty and oppression by helping people build secure, productive and just communities. Since 2012, Mercy Corps has worked to tackle Nigeria’s complex and evolving needs through a range of dynamic, multi-sector programs. In Nigeria, Mercy Corps is addressing the immediate humanitarian needs of vulnerable communities; enabling conflict-affected populations to transform from relief to resilience using market-driven approaches; and supporting community-led peacebuilding efforts.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Ad-hoc Staff (Consultancy Service)
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Contract
- Mercy Corps is a leading global organization powered by the belief that a better world is possible. In disaster, in hardship, in more than 40 countries around the world, we partner to put bold solutions into action – helping people triumph over adversity and build stronger communities from within, now and for the future.
- Mercy Corps works in fragile and conflict-affected environments. While we recognize that these are difficult places to operate, we believe that transitional environments – countries affected by civil wars, economic and political crisis, or natural disasters – offer tremendous opportunities for positive change. Since the late 1990s, Mercy Corps has managed over 100 peacebuilding projects in over 30 countries and regions, making Mercy Corps a true leader in the field. Mercy Corps currently has 27 active peace and conflict programs in 15 countries.
- The Mercy Corps HR Department is responsible for all Human resource business partnership functions in Nigeria including talent acquisition, talent management, onboarding, induction and orientation, staff engagement, conflict and grievance resolution and operational functions
- The Mercy Corps HR Department ensures compliance with donor regulations as well as Mercy Corps’ internal policies and procedures. In its role as a support to the Program Department, the HR Department provides timely reports and assistance to the Country Director and the country team to ensure that team members are welcomed and valued in Mercy corps.
- Working in the Human Resource Department under the direction of the HR Manager, the HR Archivist will assist in the filing and auditing of files and documents as it pertains to HR Processes and Operations.
The Ad-Hoc Staff is expected to achieve the outlined deliverables:
- Develop a working knowledge of HR information databases and searchable resources
- Complete all outstanding filing (Personnel & Job), whilst providing monthly report on achievable
- Provide onsite and offsite event management and team bonding activities
- Audit department personnel and Job files Bi-Monthly for compliance and work with HR and the department manager to bring files up to standard
- Continuously analyze findings and develop plans of action based on areas of concern
- Upload employee files electronically to the HCM
- Collate and Review team members timesheet and provide monthly update
- Ensures all team members and their dependents receives their HMO ID Cards
- Constantly update the HR Database and HCM are up to date
The Ad-Hoc Staff Outcomes:
- Updating department databases by inputting new employee contact information and employment details.
- Perform Quality Control of HR Documents for completeness and proper referencing before archiving
- Implements archiving management procedures in order to ensure the highest control and security of HR and Administration documents
- Assist in initial sorting and review of timesheets
- Manage the HR Archives and ensure monthly update and auditing of each staff personnel and Job files
- Ensures employees’ HR files are updated with any new and backlog documents such as leave forms, evaluation documents, disciplinary document, Health Management/Insurance documents, school certificates, exit document recruitment documents etc in accordance with Mercy Corps procedure.
- Ensures all documents in employees’ HR files are scanned in to soft and comprehensive soft copy data base is maintained.
- Carries out any printing and or scanning work in the office on the directive of the HR Assistant, HR Officer and Senior HR Officer
- Maintain the department stationeries and ensure that stationaries are procured as at when needed
- Process Vendors and Third Parties payment request, TAR Clearance, Team Bonding Budget and PRs get them approved by the respective signatories before delivering them to the finance for payment.
- And any other tasks as may be assigned by the HR Manager.
- Conduct himself/herself both professionally and personally in such a manner as to bring credit to Mercy Corps and not to jeopardize its humanitarian mission.
- Comply with Mercy Corps procedures and policies.
- As part of our commitment to organizational learning and in support of our understanding that learning organizations are more effective, efficient and relevant to the communities they serve, we expect all team members to commit 5% of their time to learning activities that benefit Mercy Corps as well as themselves.
Accountability to Beneficiaries:
- Mercy Corps team members are expected to support all efforts toward accountability, specifically
- to our beneficiaries and to international standards guiding international relief and development work, while actively engaging beneficiary communities as equal partners in the design, monitoring and evaluation of our field projects.
- Team members are expected to conduct themselves in a professional manner and respect local laws, customs and MC’s policies, procedures, and values at all times and in all in-country venues.
- Reports Directly To: HR Officer
- Works Directly With: HR Team, Operations Staff and Program Staff
Basic Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Bachelor’s Degree / OND / HND Degree in Management, Administration, Accounting, Human Resources, Social Sciences.
- Or High School Diploma in Administration, Accounting, Management.
- 1 year of relevant NGO experience will be accepted.
- Previous experience in a similar role in Private/NGO is an asset.
- Knowledge of the widely spoken local languages and English is required.
- A very good working knowledge of computer (Excel, word, PowerPoint) required.
- Knowledge of HR Function is an asset.
- Must be reliable and flexible.
Application Closing Date
14th April, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Cover Letter and CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.